When I send home the letter to the parents, I also send home a turkey template and this writing template.
This year I decided to make a web quest for our Thanksgiving activities and I really loved it! My initial idea was to just have the students use the Blendspace that I create and go at their own pace. However, I later decided that we would do it together. I projected the Blendspace and we went through it an activity at a time. I made a Thanksgiving packet with some coloring pages and other Thanksgiving themed activities for the students to do while waiting on others to finish activities.
Click the image to purchase my Thanksgiving Web Quest!
Here are some of the activities that we did:
- Making a Thanksgiving journal
- Creating headbands
- Watching short movie clips
- Comparing Thanksgivings
- Reading articles
- Making Mayflower munchies snack bags
- Making Native American pictographs
- Answering questions about the first Thanksgiving
- Going on a virtual tour of the first Thanksgiving and the Mayflower
- Doing a comparing sort
- Making a word cloud
- Writing an acrostic poem
- Creating a Pilgrim journal of the Mayflower voyage