Monday, December 15, 2014

'Tis the Season

'Tis the season to be JOLLY!  I love Christmas time.  It is my favorite time of the year.  Decorating Christmas trees, celebrating the birth of Jesus, Christmas treats, buying presents I can't get enough.  It does have its down side though…Christmas pictures.  I have a very unique family.  I have two 15 year old boys that I am adopting.  I also have two girls (8 and 4) that I fostered for 14 months that I still consider family.  You can imagine the nightmare of trying to get everyone dressed, happy, and smiling at the same time!  When the 4 year old was smiling the boys weren't.  It took forever, but we eventually finished and they turned out great.  Oh and I forgot to mention, I didn't have anyone there to take the pictures so we were using the 10 second timer!











To make this I bought some chipboard letters and scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby.  Then, I bought the bell at the Dollar Tree for $1.  I traced the letters onto the paper and used Modge Podge to glue the paper to the letters.  Last, I hot glued the bell to the "O" and this is the outcome!  The inspiration for this came from http://brittanyestes.com/2013/12/15-diy-christmas-decorations.html.


This candle holder was so simple.  I added the festive candles and then put in some light Christmas bulbs and sparkling balls.


Here I took a strand of lights and just tied fabric in knots all down it.  This was inspired by http://www.topinspired.com/top-10-last-minute-diy-christmas-decorations/.  I tried using burlap but it kept coming apart so I just used fabric.


For this centerpiece, I found candles of all different sizes.  I put them in a bowl and arranged them randomly (the bigger the bowl the better).  Then, I just added bells, Christmas bulbs, sparkling balls, and rope garland.  This page inspired this centerpiece.


I got this vase at Dollar Tree for $1.  In case you can't tell I LOVE that place.  I added a candle and some sparkling balls.  Super cheap and easy.


The Finished Product






No comments:

Post a Comment